- 1 1/2 Tbsp butter
- 1 1/2 Tbsp olive oil
- 100 – 150g cooked Ham (optional), diced
- 1 small onion, chopped fine
- 1 Tbsp garlic chopped
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup vodka
- 1/4 tsp chilli flakes
- 2 tbsp Parsley , chopped
- 1 can of tomatoes deseeded and chopped (I used Italian plum tomatoes)
- 2 Tbsp freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Melt the butter and olive oil in a saucepan and then add in and cook the onion and garlic till translucent.
- Add in the ham, lower the flame and let it cook for about 10 minutes, stir it occasionally.
- Add tomatoes and parsley and cook till almost no liquid remains in pan (med-low heat) stirring frequently…
- Add cream, vodka and chilli flakes and boil until thickened to sauce consistency.
- Season with salt and pepper. Sauce can be made a day ahead and refrigerated.
- Cook penne pasta in a large pot of boiling water with salt till al dente. (They will cook a little more with the sauce)
- Bring sauce to simmer and add in the pasta. Whisk in for a minute and serve. Sprinkle with Parmesan and serve.